Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Terror Tuesday: The Kindness of Strangers

Yes, draw your curtains. No one needs to see
What happens next. I've kept my appetite
Blade-sharp; that's not too easy for a free
And feral creature such as I. This night
I'll taste your iron. You like your red meat,
I know that, for your meals I've watched, a fan,
These many weeks, from out here in the street.
You don't suspect that you're a hunted man,
Nor that you won't be missed. No one will know
You've been devoured. I'll pick you from my teeth,
And take your place. No difference will show
Once I've digested you. Here I come, chief.
"Oh, mister, can you help jump-start my car?
I'm so alone and scared, and home's so far!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow is this ever creepy!!! Well done. I don't know how you come up with these ideas during the day. In this case, I'm afraid to ask, heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes all it takes is wondering what has made my dog bark by a window...

      Delete